Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stampin' for a Cause

My husband and I really believe in the importance of caring for our environment and our community and are proud members of the Lands Council, a great local group in town that does just an amazing amount of wonderful things for the people and land in the Inland Northwest.

A few months ago we found out they were planning a big charity dinner & auction and were looking for people to donate items they could auction off as a fundraiser. So, I got to thinking... what would I want to buy at an auction??!? Stampin' Up! supplies of course!!! So I talked to Stampin' Up! and got some AWESOME supplies donated, plus went out on my own and purchased a super cute basket, then added card samples and other goodies to put together a pretty killer silent auction item.

Who wouldn't want this?!?!

A ton of stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, cardstock, ribbon, eyelets, rub-ons, ink pads... gosh, the list goes on and on.

I am excited to say it was a huge hit! Here is the event during the live auction portion of the evening:


What fun to hear the auctioneer doing his thing and also to raise our bid card a time or two!

It was an absolutely amazing event and I'm so thankful to SU! for their donation that helped me put together this basket and helped the Lands Council with their big annual fundraiser so they can keep working to protect our natural areas as well as support the health of the children and families where I live. Thanks, SU! and thanks Lands Council for all you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!