Thursday, January 21, 2010

Candle "How To" Tutorial



Just how am I making these candles I've been posting, you ask?
Here's a photo tutorial for those of you who are more visual learners.

It's so very easy & they turn out so cute!

Step 1- Gather your supplies: parchment paper, candle, stamp set, ink pad, and white tissue paper.
Step 2- Stamp your image on the tissue paper. It will go through the layers so make sure you have a scratch paper or more tissue layers underneath it to protect your table!
Step 3- Trim the image close to the edges & place it on the candle
Step 4- Wrap parchment paper around the candle and hold it together in the back
Step 5- Use a heat gun (aka embossing tool aka heat tool) to heat your image. It should slightly change colors as the tissue melts into the candle
Step 6- Let it cool for just a minute or so & you're finished! You have beautiful & thoughtful homemade gift that is sure to bring a smile to the lucky recipient's face!


Good luck & let me know if you have any questions!
Kristi

ps just click the photo to enlarge the image & get a closer up view of the easy steps!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen this using the wax paper instead of the parchment, so I was wondering what the difference is. I am thinking the parchment would be a better choice, just wondering if you have tried the wax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Christy.
    Thanks for checking out my blog! I've never tried using wax paper for this, but the parchment paper is very easy to use & of course easy to find at most neighborhood grocery stores.
    If you haven't tried this before, I also recommend starting out with a relatively small image that is a basic shape like a square or circle. It's really a fun & easy technique, but starting basic was a lot easier when I first tried it.

    Good luck & let me know how it goes for you!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!