Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Registry Inspired Invites

Remember these cute cute images from Pottery Barn Kids?




These are part of one of their adorable nursery sets that my good friend Erin has picked out for their soon-to-arrive baby girl.

I knew I wanted the baby shower invites to somehow coordinate with the theme for the baby's room... and so as I was looking closer at the patterns in the registry items I started to see cute little trendy lollipop trees as well as adorable little owls and birds.

But how could I tie it all together to make something truly special for such a special event?

Stampin' Up! to the rescue! The trees from the new Good Neighbors are a perfect match, and the Trendy Trees set would work too, but what about the owl and the bird?? I found the cutest little owl in the Love Bandits set and those little birds? They're from the new Picture This Occasions Mini hostess set. I just colored with a marker the birds so the words wouldn't show up when stamped.


So here it is.. the final product! Some of the details are blocked to make sure our event is exclusive! :)





And here is a close-up of how I included the registry info. I used that handy half-circle punch to make a little slit in the back of each invite and slipped the registry cards right in there so the guests would have them & so we can all shower the beautiful mommy-to-be with the oh-so-cute Pottery Barn nursery items that inspired the invite.




Most people probably received theirs today... love to know what you all think!

Kristi


Supplies Used:
- Stamps: Good Neighbors, Picture This, Love Bandits
- Paper: Bashful Blue, Old Olive & Whisper White cardstock
- Envelopes: matching beautiful Whisper White of course!
- Ink: Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery
- Ribbon: Pretty in Pink & Whisper White stripped grosgrain
- Punches: New scallop punch FREE from sale-a-bration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!